#1 Save your blog header as a JPG
#2 Set up your blog!
Get the directions from Mrs. Tillotson
#3 Publish your blog header on your blog
#4 Add a link to your sidebar
Add Techlab106.edublogs.org LINK to the SIDEBAR of your blog.
#5 Take the Edublogs Tour
>>Fill out the Edublogs "Blogging Terms & Vocabulary" Crossword puzzle
>>Turn your crossword into the tray when it is complete.
#6 Posting to Your Blog
>>Watch the video to learn how to create your first post AND how to add images to your posts.
Blogging Rules & Guidelines
Online Writing Guidelines
- Pay attention to copyright. Use other people’s work with respect and link to your sources.
- Stick to the topic. Don’t write about your weekend plans or gossip.
- Think before you post. Ask yourself, is this something I want my parents, teachers, friends, strangers to see? What are the consequences if you post this?
- Only post information you can verify as accurate. Provide links to your sources.
- Never post or share personal information online. Or your friends’ personal information.
- Never share your internet passwords with anyone except your parents.
- Never meet anyone face-to-face whom you only know online.
- Comments should be at least 2-5 sentences, not less.
- Write comments that add to the conversation. Ask a question. Provide a link that might clarify a point. Copy/paste a passage that interests you then write your comments and questions.
- Read the article. Read all the comments. Be part of the full discussion.
- Use comments to show what you think is important, interesting, controversial, thoughtful.
- Constructive criticism only. Critique the idea, not the person. Being derogatory or inflammatory distracts the conversation. Respect other people and their opinions and ideas.
- Use good grammar and spelling. Mistakes cause readers to focus on how you write, not your ideas.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated.